FeedBurner FeedCount

02 July 2007

Prince William Joins Kobe

At a recent tribute to his late mother Princess Diana, Prince William graciously spoke to all those contributing to the success of the event. "It remains for Harry and I to...thank you...." he said with a charm reminding you of his mother's own appeal.

William's problem stems from using the subject pronoun "I" after the preposition "for." Pronouns following prepositions should be objective case pronouns. William should have used "me."

It remains for Harry and me to thank you.

It is easy to see where William went wrong. He was thinking, Harry and I want to thank you which is grammatically correct because no preposition lies in wait. Both Kobe and William may be forgiven for misspeaking; difficult to edit yourself while talking. We are hopeful these two celebrated individuals make no similar mistakes while writing.

No comments: